Is your data SAFE online?
Before filling any form or giving any data online always raises a question in the mind that are we safe , our the data’s provided secured ? The answer is YES !
It is very true that the cyber crime has increased a lot and it’s only because it’s the most easiest possible way to track anyone’s personal data and so getting worried about your data is but obvious.
FTC , Federal Trade commission , an independent agency of US government established in 1914, it came into existence for protecting consumer data.For many companies, collecting sensitive consumer and employee information is an essential part of doing business. It’s FTC legal responsibility to take steps to properly secure or dispose of it..And it’s just not about FTC , every country has their commissions taking care of the data.
There are number of DATA PROTECTION LAWS which needs to be followed today so as to confirm the the users being safe.Our constitution has has provided the law relating to privacy under the scope of Article 21 and the Information Technology Act, 2000.
What data is collected ?
It’s ultimately the cookie from where the data about the user is fetched as cookies store the whole information but what kind of data are collected ?
- Login data
- On every use of credit card for purchasing purpose, the trail of brand preference, place of shopping etc. left behind.
- The data regarding the websites you visits which ultimately tells about your behavior.
- Financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details.
- Medical records and history.
- Sexual orientation.
- Through hacking, the hackers can whimsically alter anyone’s account.
- Unsolicited e-mails are also a usual practice of gathering personal information of the users.
Just think if someone wants to know you well , the data’s provided can be so helpful .what kind of person he is , whether arrogant emotional , etc. it will become so easy for someone to fool you if he knows your behavior .
But today in the technological world it’s not that easy as number of claws , protection to our data are their and thus we are quite secured.
Use of Personal data collected ?
- For marketing and promotional purposes
- For Editorial and feedback purposes
- Statistical analysis of user’s behavior
- For product development
- Record keeping
- Content Improvement
- Identifying information such as names , email address , postal , phone numbers etc. ( voluntarily provided by user )
- Number of visitors on the site for account status