Dialogue refers to a conversation between two or more parties. Dialogue marketing is a marketing strategy which involves two – way communication between the brand and willing customers, engaging with prospects to understand their needs and simultaneously enhancing customer loyalty.
Businesses initiate a conversation with potential prospects for creating memorable experiences for the customers which brings value to them and creates a lasting impression.
This approach is beneficial not only for the consumers but also for the brands as they get better insight and understanding of their customers. Customer-specific data which includes their online interest, buying patterns, preferences can be obtained with effective conversation which engages the prospects. This data can be utilized to target users with personalized messages which improve customer satisfaction. Engaging with prospects increases the likelihood of turning users into customers. Consumers engaging in dialogue often receive relevant information along with discount coupons, offers, and free demo/trial. Brands must be proactive when it comes to sharing information with customers. This builds credibility and belief in the organization.
Steps involved in executing Dialogue Marketing:
- Create awareness: Brand must realize their self-worth and understand their value for the customers. They should focus on their identity and core values and must engage with customers who believe in them. Establishing recognition of its products and services among the target audience is the key. Prospects should know about the brand.
- Plan for content: Once the prospects are aware of the brand and their needs are understood brands should target them with highly customized stuff through which consumers would decide if the brand is worth engaging with. Content needs to be crafted based on the communication medium and the preference of the consumers.
- Choose communication medium: Brands must opt for an appropriate medium to communicate with the targeted users depending on the type of organization and customer profile. It could be a traditional medium like magazine ads or TV commercials or it can be a social media platform or direct email. The most factor in choosing a platform to reach out to the customer is that it should allow the user’s to respond back to the brand and should facilitate two-way communication.
- Track and record response: Consumers may respond in the form of a click. Subscribing, signing up, filling a survey or with direct email or message to the brand. Mere receiving feedback is not enough; brands must acknowledge them and should take appropriate action on them. It would promote and motivate consumers to stay connected with brands for longer.
Advantages of Dialogue Marketing
- Builds loyalty: Reaching out willing customers and encouraging them to connect builds trust and loyalty. Brands must focus on creating a friendly rapport with consumers and an environment for them to share their honest feedback.
- Provides value: Dialogue marketing does bring value for both, consumers as well as brands. With customized emails and discount offers customers are willing to engage with the brand which in turn provides an opportunity for brands to understand their consumer’s behavior.
- Creates a positive attitude towards brand: Word of mouth and social sentiments does play a huge role in the growth of any business. When consumers are reached out by brands with relevant information they feel valued. Their feedback is taken seriously and worked upon. Highly satisfied customers are more likely to recommend the brand and its products to others, thereby becoming your brand advocates.
- Increase repeat customers: Once a prospect turns into a customer brand must engage with them so that they stay connected. Taking customers for granted can have an adverse effect on the business. Dialogue marketing ensures that brands are in constant touch with their existing customers so that they can be retained for as long as possible.