Let’s start with the basic forms of Online advertising which are made using advanced multimedia technology. However, the current form of global online advertising is primarily based banner ads (Rich Media) occur more frequently.
The current online advertising is the following forms of delivery:
- Banner Ads – also known as ” Banner ” and is the most common way of advertising. Usually positioned to Flash, GIF, JPG and other formats on the page, but can also use Java and other languages to produce interactive, with the shockwave plug-in tools, such as enhanced expression.
- Button Ad – Another form of online advertising is button ads which are too small as compared to banner ads. They are generally small circular, rectangular, or square kind advertisement and are referred to as button ads due to its small dimension. The performance practices are relatively simple due to its size and non-interactivity or creativity.
- E-mail advertising – These are another form of online advertising in which mailers with promotional material (such as brochures, circulars, letters, newsletters or banner creative) are sent to the targeted users.
These are the same that you receive daily on your email ID with promotional offers like of Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Advertising and promotional contests – These ads are contesting ads which cover the major page of the site which delivers the message like win something or sign up for some contest, etc. Facebook has the feature of contest ad and is quite majorly used by advertisers. The advertisers do such as working jointly with the site they think are interested and can help them promote easily with major targeted users.
- Wallpaper advertising: The advertising content that advertiser wants to express as a background page as a “wallpaper” approach appears, These ads are generally gif or jpeg format of a bigger size covering the whole site. They are divided into two categories in accordance with the page they appear:Home advertising – when you open a site, the first thing that catches the eye of the audience is the site’s home page, advertising on the home page will get higher rate of attention, audience as number of traffic and is a start to the website pages advertising – This is also known as the linked page ad which is not shown on the homepage but the subpages of the website. The attention rate is lower but even the costing is low. This is good when someone is advertising about mobile products and uses the subpage of the site which gives information about mobile products.
- Interstitial Ad – also known as ” bounce advertising “, advertisers choose their favorite websites or columns, or part of the site before inserting a new window appears to display advertisements. These ads are the ones that appear before entering the actual website, to understand, let’s take an example – If you type economictimes.com in the browser just before the actual site opens at times you see an ad of any advertiser wherein the above you will see skip options, clicking on that will directly take you to the site i.e. economic times. This ad unit is an example of an interstitial ad
- Interactive game advertisements – section of the page to start the game in the middle, the end, the ad can appear at any time. And can be tailored to whom a product of their own interactive games based on the advertiser’s ad product requirements. Many of the times you will see the ad today having a lot of interactive like shooting games in which you kill by clicking on it, or jumble games within the banner, these are interactive games ad
9 thoughts on “Basic form of Online Advertising”
It is very easy to understand. But i request u to plz give some example of interstitial ad and interactive game advertisements.
Try http://www.ndtv.com/micro/homepage/hpinterstitial.aspx (Example of Interstitial Ad)
Interactive Game Ads: Many of the times you will see ad today having a lot of interactive like shooting games in which you kill by clicking on it, or jumble games within the banner, these are interactive games ad
I want to try to tell u in easy way.
Intertitial ADS : basically these are full screen ADs shown on apps … They don’t appear on “Web browser ”
they only appear on applications.
Thank you, Komal for your help here.
Interstitial ADS ads appear on web browser also.
As Suggested for a beginner i went to learndigital.withgoogle.com but there are N number of courses. kindly suggest how to start for online-advertisement
We replied over the email, hope you are on the right track.
I want to understand and learn digital marketing (performance, social etc) can you suggest some must-do online courses.
First, please go through some of the free courses available and see if you find interest, we will share the detailed one: