Are you tired of watching your competitors succeed despite the fact that you have a superior product? Do you feel like you’ve worked too hard for too long to give up and let your business fall behind? If so, then this is the article for you. We’re going to share some local SEO tips for Dallas-based businesses who are in dire need of a solid battle plan. Suit up; it’s time to go to war!
If history has taught us anything, it’s that having a superior fighting force doesn’t guarantee victory. The greatest generals and military leaders throughout history were all master strategists.
The same applies with your local SEO: You don’t have to be the biggest company with the most employees, nor the longest established in order to succeed. All you need is a solid strategy and the willingness to go the extra mile.
Do you have what it takes, soldier?
So, how does one go about formulating a solid local SEO strategy that is bound to lead you to victory? Here are a few tips to get you started and set you in good stead…
- Get the lay of the land: the first step is to conduct extensive market & competitor research. Who are you up against? What are their online marketing strategies? What does their website look like? How strong is their social media game? What kind of (if at all) local-centric content do they share online? The more data you collect in this regard, the better positioned you will be to out-manoeuvre them.
- Know your demographic: there’s a big difference between knowing who you’d like your ideal customer to be, and who they actually are. Conduct extensive and comprehensive audience research and put together an accurate ‘profile’ of your perfect customer. Again, the more data you have, the easier it will be for you to create a well-optimized local SEO campaign.
- Perfect your Google My Business page: either claim or set up your GMB page and then perfect it. This means doing the following:
- Fill out every section (with intention).
- Be thorough with contact info.
- Select both primary and secondary ‘categories’.
- Tick the appropriate attributes (e.g., child-friendly / disabled access, etc.).
- Conduct proper keyword research and fill out your ‘from the business’ description appropriately.
- Publish content on Google consistently.
- Upload new photos (high-res) regularly.
- Answer all inquiries and add FAQs.
- Request and respond to customer reviews (positive and negative).
- List all products and / or services with detailed descriptions.
- Set up messaging and monitor your inbox / reply ASAP.
- Connect socials and post local-centric content: link your Facebook & Insta (etc.) accounts with your GMB and post regularly. Engage with your local audience and share useful local-centric content.
While there is so much more you can do to improve your local SEO, the above tips are neglected by a large number of businesses. The sad reality is, far too many people fail to realise the immense value that local SEO can bring your business. However, if you are prepared to go that extra mile and do the work that others can’t be bothered to do, you’ll have no difficulty making your mark and improving your online awareness.
Certainly, many of these tasks can be handled by yourself or an in-house team, however, to really master the local SEO game and a larger, long-term digital marketing strategy (e.g., social media marketing / PPC), it is highly recommended that you outsource your requirements and hire the professionals.
There’s only so much that you can do – particularly while trying to manage your own business. The key is to delegate well and let the Dallas SEO experts do what they do best, while you focus your precious time on taking care of business.
After all, fortune favours the bold, right?