Retargeting is a method which enables the website owners to “re-attract” the previous visitors to their site .The concept of retargeting primarily focuses on increasing the conversions. Most of the times the users visits the site but does not participate in any call for action and leave the site , so retargeting tool or concept keeps the track of those visitors and follow them throughout the web .By doing so ,when those visitors surf the web ,the ad of the websites which the user recently visited is displayed to them , which most often compels the user to again visit the site.
Retargeting ensures that advertising infrastructure is utilized in the best possible way , media gets spent on the people who have already visited the website and have shown interest in the past. This helps the marketers achieve high Return on Investment or we can say greater chances of getting a conversion.Every time the customer sees the retargeting ads it generates the interest to visit the site again which increases the click through rates and conversions.
Concept of Retargeting believes in :
- Right Ad to Right People.
- Right Ad at Right Place.
Types of Retargeting:
- Search Retargeting : This is most commonly used form of retargeting which focuses on searching the users through search engine on the basis of the keywords searched by them which are relevant to the sites data.
- Site Retargeting : Site Retargeting focuses on the users that have already visited the website. This is done by tagging all the users who visit the site and then through the tag they can be followed thorughout the web.
- SEM/SEO Retargeting : This form of retargeting targets the individuals on the basis of the keywords which they use to reach to the website.
- Email Retargeting : Email Retargeting focuses on the users on the basis of the actions they take in response to your email. Users interaction with the email program is the basis of targeting the users.
- Contextual Retargeting : This form of retargeting targets those individuals who visit the site which have almost same data as your site.
- Engagement Retargeting : This is least used form of retargeting which targets individuals who have interacted with distributed content like facebook page , video , online game.
- Retargeting becomes more effective if the site visitors are grouped on the basis of the priority of items they were looking for. E.g: the user looking for a travel bag , or rented house should be retargeted first as compared to the user looking for some luxury item like camera or jewellery. (Here priority is based on the need, someone who is looking for a house is a necessity)
- We should try and avoid showing ad to the customer who has recently purchased that very product.
- Avoid showing same ad for longer period.
- Retargeting ad should contain “call-to-action” button which should directly take the user to the desired page upon clicking.
Retargeting can guaranty to increase the rate of conversion but it cannot attract new visitors to the site. So, in order to get the best out of retargeting it’s important to follow practices like content marketing , Adwords and targeted display which helps in driving more traffic to the site.
So, with this combination marketers can achieve higher return on Investment.
9 thoughts on “Retargeting”
What is the difference between remarketing and retargeting?
Did you go through Remarketing article?
Thanks for the response KOA. Yes, i have gone through both the articles about Remarketing and Retargeting but didn’t find any difference. Could you please help me out with this.
why can’t I copy your content?
We have disabled the same as users were copying the content and using on their website showing it as their own. What content do you need?
Difference between what?
Retargetting technic is still not clear for me… Could u plz be more specific
It would be great if you can help us know where are you stuck and what is it that is not making sense to you. We would be in a better place to make you understand the retargeting concept.