Basic form of Online Advertising
Let’s start with the basic forms of Online advertising which are made using advanced multimedia technology. However, the current form of the global online advertising is primarily based banner ads (Rich Media) occur more frequently.
The current online advertising is the following forms of delivery:
- Banner Ads – also known as ” Banner ” and is the most common way of advertising. Usually positioned to Flash, GIF, JPG and other formats on the page, but can also use Java and other languages to produce interactive, with the shockwave plug-in tools, such as enhanced expression.
- Button Ad – Another form of online advertising is button ads which are too small as compared to banner ads. They are generally small circular, rectangular, or square kind advertisement and are referred as button ads due to its small dimension.The performance practices are relatively simple due to its size and non-interactivity or creativity.
- E-mail advertising – These are another form of online advertising in which mailers with promotional material (such as brochures, circulars, letters, newsletters or banner creative) are sent to the targeted users.
These are the same that you receive daily on you email ID with promotional offers like of Amazon, Ebay, etc.
- Advertising and promotional contests – These ads are contest ads which cover the major page of the site which delivers the message like win something or sign up for some contest, etc. Facebook has the feature of contest ad and is quite majorly used by advertisers. The advertisers do such ads working jointly with the site they think are interested and can help them promote easily with major targeted users.
- Wallpaper advertising:The advertising content that advertiser wants to express as a background page as a “wallpaper” approach appears, These ads are generally gif or jpeg format of a bigger size covering the whole site.They are divided into two categories in accordance to the page they appear:Home advertising – when you open a site, the first thing that catches the eye of the audience is the site’s home page,Advertising on the home page will get a higher rate of attention, audience as number of traffic and is a start to the websitePages advertising – This is also known as the linked page ad which is not shown on the homepage but the subpages of the website. The attention rate is lower but even the costing is low. This is good when someone is advertising about mobile products and uses the subpage of the site which gives information about mobile products.
- Interstitial Ad – also known as ” bounce advertising “, advertisers choose their favorite websites or columns, or part of the site before inserting a new window appears to display advertisements. These ads are the ones that appear before entering the actual website, to understand, let’s take an example – If you type economictimes.com in the browser just before the actual site opens at times you see an ad of any advertiser wherein the above you will see skip options, clicking on that will directly take you to the site i.e. economic times. This ad unit is an example of interstitial ad
- Interactive game advertisements – section of the page to start the game in the middle, the end, the ad can appear at any time. And can be tailored to whom a product of their own interactive games based on the advertiser’s ad product requirements. Many of the times you will see ad today having a lot of interactive like shooting games in which you kill by clicking on it, or jumble games within the banner, these are interactive games ad